Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is dry hiring? Dry hiring equipment refers to renting equipment without operators or additional services.
2. Do I require a license? No! No license is required for the hire and operation of our equipment. There are some exceptions which include trucks (requiring car or MR licenses) and EWP’s above 12m in height as per Australian Legislation.
3. How do I get the machine to my place? All equipment that can fit on a trailer comes supplied on a trailer, meaning you can tow the machine and save money on transport. For larger items, we can arrange transport using our in-house Tilt Tray service or by arranging subcontractors. We can also arrange for delivery of any item we have for hire.
4. Do I need electric brakes in my car? No – All our trailers are set up to not require electric brakes in the tow vehicle; only the adequate towing capacity is required.
5. How do I know if I can tow it? Simply supply us your vehicle make and model or registration, and we will check the vehicle's towing capacity for you and ensure you are legal and insured.
6. What types of equipment are available for dry hire? See Equipment.
7. What is the rental duration and pricing structure? We offer rates for Day, Weekend, and Weekly rentals. We also offer heavily discounted long-term rates. Please enquire for more details.
8. Is there a deposit required? No deposit is required for booking; however, full payment prior to receiving equipment is required.
9. What is required to hire equipment? Like any rental company, we require a copy of your driver's license and credit card prior to hire.
10. What are the insurance requirements? All equipment is covered by Page Hires insurance. However, we strongly advise taking out your own insurance to lower risk/excess.
11. What is the Damage Waiver? The Damage Waiver reduces the customer's excess from $5000 to $500 for repairs or replacement of the equipment due to accidental loss or damage out of the operator's control. For full details, see Hire Agreement.
12. What happens in case of equipment breakdown? Call 1300 724 344, and the Page Hire team will replace the item or repair it as soon as possible using our fully equipped onsite service vehicle. We strongly encourage our customers to call us with any questions large or small.
13. What is the pickup and return process? Page Hire is open 7 am to 5 pm weekdays – Closed weekends. However, after-hours and weekend pick-up and drop-offs can be arranged. Please ask one of our friendly staff.
14. Is there customer support available during the rental period? Absolutely! We pride ourselves on addressing any issues immediately. Simply give us a call on 1300 724 344.
15. What happens if the equipment is returned damaged? We understand that accidents happen, and we are very familiar with dealing with damages. Damages are charged to the client on a basis to cover the costs incurred to us in repairing the item. For full details on damages, please see Hire Agreement.
16. In what condition is the equipment expected to be returned? Equipment is expected to be returned clean, full of fuel, and undamaged, as it was supplied. Cleaning, repairs, and refueling are part of our service, and we are happy to do this; however, fees will apply as per our Hire Agreement.
17. Can the equipment be delivered to a specific location? We can deliver any of our equipment statewide.